Indoor summer home maintenance:
1. Do a test of your smoke detectors and your carbon monoxide detectors. Replace the batteries if needed.
2. Get your cooling system ready.
3. Dust the ceiling fan blades and check that the fan is balanced and working properly.
Attach a dryer sheet to a paint roller so you can reach easily and dust away.
4. Get your chimney cleaned. Yes, you might not use your fireplace again until fall or winter, but that’s exactly why this is the perfect time to call a chimney cleaning service. They won’t be as busy!
5. Clean or replace your shower heads.
6. Clean bathroom drains.
7. Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans.
8. Clean the baseboards of your home. Use a damp cloth and wipe away all the dust and grime.
9. Check your attic and basement.
In your attic, look for signs of dampness, mildew, leaks, holes in the roof, and pests In the basement, check for leaks, pests, mold, and mildew.
10. Clean the vents of your bathroom fans.
11. Clean the dryer vent and exhaust duct
12. Change the filter in the air conditioner.